Upgrading WampDeveloper Simplified
Posted: 2015-03-04 16:42:14
The upgrade process for 95% of WampDeveloper users involves (for the most part) just copying and replacing a few folders and files to keep your previous websites and databases.
The process in the larger WampDeveloper Upgrade guide appears more complicated because it includes additional explanations, takes care of special cases, and describes possible issues (with solutions provided).
This is the simple version of the WampDeveloper Upgrade guide. If you are upgrading between versions within the same major version or branch, and have not made any significant changes to the configuration and the platform, this guide is for you.
- Click uninstall (bottom of Components Tab), proceed.
- Rename folder
- Install new version as
- If you have websites and databases to keep:
- Using the Websites Tab, re-create your websites (by inputting the same domain name and domain aliases for each website). Then stop Apache and MySQL.
- Delete and replace (with previous) folder:
- Overwrite / copy-over (with previous) folder:
- Re-install the phpmyadmin database by running the 4 commands listed in section “Re-Install phpMyAdmin’s Database” (make sure to update commands for drive letter) of the larger guide.
- If you used WampDeveloper to auto-install web-apps (via Webapps Tab), to see those web-app installations listed in the Webapps Tab, replace (with previous) file:
- If you have made custom changes to the website VirtualHost files, website AWStats configuration files, and/or the general Apache, MySQL, and PHP configuration files – those changes should be made again in the new installation.