Backup and Restore of Websites, Databases, and Wamp-Developer
Backups can be performed on websites, databases, and even the entire Wamp-Developer installation, for normal reasons, hardware upgrades, and server migration.
Complete Wamp-Developer Backup and Restore
It is important to understand that WampDeveloper.exe contains an integrated installer which will detect an uninstalled state, and using the contents of the Wamp-Developer folder it's in, perform an installation on the same system (restore) or the new system (migration) while maintaining all previous websites + databases + configurations.
Basically, a ZIP of the C:\WampDeveloper folder is also a fully re-installable copy.
- Stop the Apache and MySQL Services.
- ZIP the entire C:\WampDeveloper folder.
It is important to stop Apache as log files are being written.
It is important to stop MySQL as a running database will not be in a state which guarantees that a filesystem copy of it will be usable (not be corrupted).
- If a present installation still exists on the system, stop it's Apache and MySQL Services, and then uninstall it and delete it (or move it, or rename it).
- Using your backup, unzip the WampDeveloper folder and place it in the proper filesystem location (usually the previous location, or the root of a drive).
- Run WampDeveloper.exe, it will either: detect an uninstalled state and proceed with installing the services, updating the paths used in configurations, etc, on the system; or simply take the place of the previous installation.
- Make sure the Apache and MySQL Services are started, and then test your websites.
Individual Website and Database Backup
- Websites - Each website is stored in folder C:\WampDeveloper\Websites\domain.name\
- Database - The entire MySQL Database is stored in folder C:\WampDeveloper\Database\
Individual MySQL databases can also be exported with the mysqldump command, into an "sql" file.