Manual Installation of Web Applications with Wamp-Developer
Wamp-Developer can install web applications such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Magento, MediaWiki and phpBB3 automatically. These instructions are for installing web applications manually.
The general high-level process for installing a web application is:
1. Create website.
Wamp-Developer > Websites > Add
2. Open website's DocumentRoot folder.
For example, the www.example.com website's DocumentRoot is: C:\WampDeveloper\Websites\www.example.com\webroot.
3. Place web application folder or files into the website's DocumentRoot folder...
If you place the webapp files into folder:
The URL will be: http://www.example.com/
Or if you place the webapp files into folder:
The URL will be: http://www.example.com/classified
4. Use phpMyAdmin (user: root, password: leave as blank / it's not set), create a database and database user/password with all permissions granted on that database, for this application to use.
5. Edit the webapp's main configuration file so it knows which database and database user/password to use. Sometimes you don't have to do this as step #6 will ask for this info via the webpage...
6. Open your browser, go to the URL your webapp has been placed into, the installation will proceed.