Manual Installation of Web Applications with WampDeveloper Pro
WampDeveloper Pro can install web applications such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Magento, MediaWiki and phpBB3 automatically. These instructions are for installing web applications manually.
The general high-level process for installing a web application is:
1. Create website.
WampDeveloper Pro > Websites > Add
2. Open website's DocumentRoot folder.
For example, the www.example.com website's DocumentRoot is: C:\WampDeveloper\Websites\www.example.com\webroot.
3. Place web application folder or files into the website's DocumentRoot folder...
If you place the webapp files into folder:
The URL will be: http://www.example.com/
Or if you place the webapp files into folder:
The URL will be: http://www.example.com/classified
4. Use phpMyAdmin (user: root, password: leave as blank / it's not set), create a database and database user/password with all permissions granted on that database, for this application to use.
5. Edit the webapp's main configuration file so it knows which database and database user/password to use. Sometimes you don't have to do this as step #6 will ask for this info via the webpage...
6. Open your browser, go to the URL your webapp has been placed into, the installation will proceed.