WampDeveloper Pro can switch between all provided versions of Apache, PHP, and MySQL automatically, while retaining all websites, configurations, databases, etc.
The process is exactly the same for Apache, PHP, and MySQL.
We will use PHP as an example here.
To switch or update to the latest provided PHP version…
1. Go into the Components Tab, PHP sub-tab.
2. Click on the download link for the version of PHP you’d like to use.
For example: php-22.214.171.124-r1-win32-vc11-standard.zip
Note that there are different builds of PHP provided for each version: Regular/Standard and FCGI, 32 and 64 bits, run-time (VC6, VC9, VC11, …).
3. After downloading the PHP version, extract the zip file into this folder:
If you’ve downloaded and unzipped the above PHP version (5.6.12) correctly and into the proper Versions folder, this file path should now be valid and exact:
Most of the issues happen at this step, as everything gets unzipped into the wrong folder, into a deeper/extra sub-folder, or the inner files get extracted without their containing folder.
4. In the Components Tab, top right corner, there is a group named “Select Subscription”. Click on its “Channel” drop-down box, it will list items: Current, Stable, Legacy.
Select the Channel this PHP version is part of – and all the Apache, MySQL, PHP branches on system and in that channel will become select-able via their “Use” check-boxes.
For PHP 5.6.12 the channel is “Current”.
Then select this PHP version’s Bits and Type…
Bits: “32”, and PHP Type: “Regular”.
(*this step is only for WampDeveloper v5; WampDeveloper v4 has only 1 channel)
5. Then check-mark the above PHP version (5.6.12) “Use” box (in Components Tab, PHP sub-tab).
If you can’t check-mark it, the PHP version has been unzipped into the wrong path. Otherwise, try closing and opening again the WampDeveloper application.
6. Click “Update To Selected”. WampDeveloper will do the rest. All your websites, the MySQL Database, configurations, and everything else, will remain as-is.
The User-Interface will switch to the new versions in about 10 seconds.