WampDeveloper can switch between all provided versions of Apache, PHP, and MySQL automatically, while retaining all websites, configurations, databases, etc.
To switch or update to the latest provided PHP version…
1. Go into the Components Tab, PHP sub-tab.
2. Click on the download link for the version of PHP you want to use:
For example: php-18.104.22.168-r1-win32-vc9-standard.zip
(*note that there are standard and fcgi versions of PHP provided)
3. After downloading it, open folder C:\WampDeveloper\Versions\Php\ and extract the contents of the zip directly into this folder.
If you’ve downloaded and unzipped the above PHP version (5.3.28) correctly and into the proper Versions folder, this file path should now be valid and exact…
Most of the issues happen here: it gets unzipped into the wrong folder, or into an extra sub-folder, or just gets all it’s inner files (zip-file\php-***\files) extracted out into …Versions\Php\.
4. Then check-mark the above PHP version in Components Tab. If you can’t check-mark it, it’s been unzipped into the wrong place. Otherwise, try restarting the WampDeveloper application.
5. Click “Update To Selected”. WampDeveloper will do the rest. All your websites, the MySQL Database, configurations, and everything else, will remain as-is.
The User-Interface will switch to the new versions in about 10 seconds.
The process is exactly the same for all other components (Apache and MySQL).