Make sure Apache and MySQL are running, and access phpmyadmin via URL:
Username: root Password: (leave it blank, it's not set by default)
* User “root” under WampDeveloper Pro is restricted to local network access in multiple ways, so setting a password is not absolutely necessary.
Create a database:
- Click on the ‘Databases’ tab.
- Specify a Database name.
- Leave everything else as-is (don’t select a collation).
- Click ‘Create’.
Create a user:
- Click on the newly created database.
- Click on its ‘Privileges’ tab.
- In ‘New’ group, click ‘Add user’.
User name ('Use text field'): username-here Host (select 'Use text field'): 127.0.0.1 Password ('Use text field'): password-here Re-type: password-here
Leave everything else as-is:
'Database for user' group: Grant all privileges on database "database-name". 'Global privileges' group: None
Do not select any “Global” privileges/permissions, as this user only needs all privileges/access on the specific database, and not on all the databases under MySQL.
Whenever you need to specify this info when you install or configure a web-app or script, make sure to enter the db and user info exactly as above, with “Host” as 127.0.0.1 and not as “localhost”.